Archive

threatening behaviour

Jonathan Rushworth, wanted by West Yorkshire Police

Jonathan Rushworth, wanted by West Yorkshire Police

POLICE are trying to trace a man to send him back to prison.

Jonathan Rushworth is wanted for recall to prison for breaching the terms of his licence.

Rushworth had been released from custody after serving part of a two-year sentence for an offence of threats to kill.

He had been living in Dewsbury but is originally from the South Elmsall area of Wakefield.

It is thought that he may be in the Bradford or Blackpool areas.

He is described as white, of medium build, around 5ft 8ins tall, with very distinctive light blonde hair and eyebrows and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a dark Reebok hooded top, blue jeans, and black trainers.

Anyone with information regarding Mr Rushworth’s whereabouts is asked to contact West Yorkshire Police via 101.
Huddersfield Daily Examiner

This story is from 2011.

This grab is from his current facebook account.
Jon cole

Advertisements

A FORMER bakery worker who threatened to ‘kick his boss’s head in’ sent threatening messages over a social networking site after losing his job.

Stuart Alexander Baines, 30, of Briarwood Court in Beverley Road, Malton, began sending abusive messages over Facebook to his boss Andy Mayer after being suspended from his job at Yorkshire Baker, based in Malton, Scarborough magistrate’s court was told.

Neil Holdsworth, on behalf of the Crown Prosecution Service, told the court that Baines had begun making threats after he was suspended on March 18 before leaving a threatening message on the work phone warning Mr Mayer “he was coming to get you one by one.”

Mr Holdsworth said: “Stuart was making threats on Facebook including one that said ‘Andy you are going to get your head kicked in.’

“The post was extremely threatening and of cause for concern for Mr Mayer and his colleagues. He felt concerned for his safety.”

Baines, who pleaded guilty on May 13 to sending threatening messages on March 19, was diagnosed with psychosis at the age of 13 and has struggled with drink and drug problems, the court was told.

Representing Baines, Mike Farr said that Baines had not touched any drink or drugs for some time now but at the time of the incident he had not been taking his medication to help with his psychosis.

He said: “When this incident occurred he had split from his partner and for two weeks he had been living alone.

“He had not been taking his medication and I am sure that that played some part in his foolishness. He was feeling at somewhat of a low ebb so he posted the comments on Facebook and I think made one phone call. He realises that it was inappropriate behaviour.”

Farr went on to say that Baines had apologised for his actions and had not been in court for about four years, with a previous conviction for assault.

Baines was fined a total of £145 for sending the threatening messages over the site, broken down as £85 court costs and a £60 surcharge. He was also given a six month community order with a supervision requirement and a four week curfew from 6pm-6am each day.

York Press

SC

SC1

A RACIST yob shouted vile obscenities at a pizza shop owner after the businessman offered him a tissue to wipe his blooded nose.

Craig Anthony Owens was outside Fatso’s Pizzeria, in York Road, Hartlepool, and was drunk.

Hartlepool Magistrates’ Court heard the 29-year-old had a cut to his nose which was bleeding.

The owner of the take-away, Maboob Hussain, came out of the shop and offered the defendant some tissue paper to stem the bleeding.

But it was then that the tirade of abuse started.

Prosecuting, Joanne Hesse, said: “The incident occurred about 9.30pm and the defendant was drunk at the time.

“The defendant had a cut to his nose which was bleeding and the shop owner came outside and offered him some tissue paper to help clean up the blood.

“The defendant became abusive and aggressive towards Mr Hussain.

“He was swearing and saying things like ‘why would I take that off you, you Muslim, you’re not British’.

“Mr Hussain asked him to move away from the shop, to which Owens shouted ‘why should I leave I’m British’.

“There were other members of public present too.”

The court heard how Owens also shouted derogatory terms about Allah.

Mrs Hesse also read an extract from Mr Hussain’s victim impact statement, which said: “I’ve worked in Hartlepool for many years and this is the worst abuse I’ve had.”

The defendant, of Bruce Crescent, in the West View area of Hartlepool, pleaded guilty to using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour which was racially aggravated on September 14.

Mitigating, John Relton, said his client was sorry for his behaviour and cannot remember the incident as he had been drinking all day.

He said: “My client was inebriated at the time and it is no surprise to learn that he has no recollection of behaving in this manner.

“He was also abusive to other people present not just to this individual.

“My client is not proud of what he’s done, it was totally unacceptable behaviour.

“I have instructions to apologise on his behalf.”

Chairman of the bench Patricia Hutchison fined Owens £180, ordered him to pay £120 compensation, £85 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.

Hartlepool Mail

Craig-Dumper-Owens-EDL

Craig-Owens-anti-Islam-tweets

Craig-Owens-calls-for-armed-struggle-and-civil-war

Thank to Bob Pitt from Islamophobiawatch

Craig Owens also appears on the site here

Passengers had to be airlifted to safety as smoke filled the ferry’s corridors when Boden Hughes torched his cabin while smoking cannabis

Arsonist Boden Hughes has been jailed for 11 years after setting a North Sea ferry on fire while smoking cannabis in his cabin.

Hughes was so drunk he could barely walk or talk as he travelled to Amsterdam with friends aboard a DFDS ferry.

After being ejected from the ship’s casino for being too intoxicated, he went back to cabin number 568 alone and, as he tried to light a cannabis bong, the room went up in flames.

Damage caused by fire started on DFDS ferry by Boden Hughes

Damage caused by fire started on DFDS ferry by Boden Hughes

The crew were unable to bring the blaze under control using fire extinguishers and only the ship’s sprinkler system managed to douse the fire.

Many of the 946 passengers on board, including children and a pregnant woman, began to panic as smoke filled the narrow corridors of the ship.

A total of 27 people needed medical treatment for smoke inhalation while six passengers, including the pregnant woman, had to be winched to safety by a helicopter.

The drama unfolded around 25 miles out to sea aboard the King Seaways ferry, on December 28 last year.

As Hughes was jailed for that and a separate offence of stealing railway cable, it emerged the fire had left DFDS £800,000 out of pocket.

Judge James Goss QC, at Newcastle Crown Court, told him: “Passengers had to be evacuated from their cabins and there was panic and children were screaming.

“The fire caused enormous danger and panic and the total cost of the fire was £800,000.

“It was a spectacular piece of recklessness committed by a drunk man on bail at the time and the consequences could have been disastrous.

“Fires on a ship are even more serious than those on land because escape routes are limited and the stability of the vessel can be affected by the water used to put it out.”

The court heard Hughes, his girlfriend and others made a last minute decision to travel to Holland between last Christmas and New Year.

They took a bottle of vodka and drank that and other alcohol on board the ship after departing from North Shields.

Hughes then went off on his own for an hour, visiting the casino and consuming more drink.

Around 10pm he was trying to get back into his cabin but went to the wrong room. A member of security spotted him walking in a “zig zag fashion” and helped him back to his cabin.

Prosecutor Ian Lawrie QC said: “It was not easy to get him to the cabin, he had to keep steadying himself against the deck and walls.

“Eventually they got him in the cabin and it was within one minute or so that the fire alarm was activated on the main bridge.

“The response crew were asked to go to the deck and they found the corridor full of smoke.

“People were yelling and pushing each other in anticipation of the evacuation. One witness tells how she had to be winched into a helicopter while pregnant.”

Half-naked Hughes was partially out of his cabin and sprawled on the floor. When security picked him up he became aggressive and refused to do as he was told.

He was taken to another deck, where he then started fighting with James Curry, a friend of his.

In front of other, already terrified passengers, including children, the bare-chested pair started hitting each other and Curry also hit a member of security.

The pair were eventually detained and thrown in the ship’s cells as the captain aborted the trip and headed back to Tyneside.

The court heard DFDS had to pay £80,000 for repairs, £30,000 deviation costs, £25,000 medical evacuation costs, £475,000 for passenger liabilities, lost £170,000 in revenue and had to pay £25,000 legal costs.

Hughes, 27, of Fulwell Road, Sunderland, admitted arson being reckless as to whether life was endangered and affray for the fight with Curry. He got nine years for that plus two years for stealing copper cable from the rail network along with others.

Curry, 29, of Calshott Road, Sunderland, admitted assaulting a crew member during the fracas, threatening behaviour and the copper cable theft. He got three years and three months prison.

Christopher Morrison, for Hughes, said: “The person most at risk from this act of errant stupidity was the defendant.

“He wants to say he is extremely sorry, especially to those who had to be airlifted.”

Jane Foley, for Curry, said: “He became involved in a fight because of Hughes’ involvement with the incident which led to the fire.”

Newcastle Chronicle

boden

FOUR English Defence League (EDL) members have been convicted of a religiously aggravated offence following a Thatcham town centre protest.

The prosecution was brought after up to 20 people, some draped in St George Cross flags and one wearing a rubber pig mask, descended on The Broadway on the night on Friday, February 28.

Their target was Hosans kebab van.

Chants of “muslim groomers off our streets – go back to your own country,” and “no surrender to the Taliban” filled the room at Reading Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday as footage from police officers’ body cameras was screened.

Naomi Edwards, prosecuting, said: “Protesting is fine and proper but this went beyond what’s acceptable.”

In the dock were 22-year-old Rory Rowbottom of Hartmead Road, Thatcham; Julie Anne Worthington, aged 35, of Russell Road, Reading; 50-year-old Simon Brammer of Haywards Close, Southampton, Hampshire and Gary Hazel, aged 38, of Forsyth Gardens, Bournemouth, Dorset.

A fifth defendant, 44-year-old Edward Cullerne Scovell of Donnington Gardens, Reading, failed to turn up and was convicted in his absence.

They had been charged with a Section 5 offence of religiously aggravated harassment but a scheduled three-day trial was avoided after all but Mr Hazel – who denied the offence – admitted a lesser charge of using religiously aggravated, threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Ms Edwards said the protest was against a “perceived injustice” – specifically, that police had failed to properly investigate an EDL member’s assertion that young girls were bring groomed.

Giving evidence, Mr Hazel said: “An employee of Hosans van was known to give alcohol, free food and drugs to young girls aged 13 to 14. The parents of one girl told one of our supporters and he did a sting operation. He sent a text message (pretending to be the girl) to the man and got messages back like : ‘I love, you; don’t tell your mum; meet me after school.’”

He claimed: “Our supporter, who gave the texts to the police, was arrested himself. The young girls offered to make statements to police but they weren’t believed and warned that, as the EDL was involved, they faced possible charges themselves.”

But Mr Hazel then denied specifically targeting the van and claimed the slogans were “humourous, football-style chants” aimed at “raising awareness.”

Ms Edwards asked: “Phrases like ‘paedo kebabs off our streets’ wouldn’t have caused distress to the occupants of Hosans kebab van?”

Mr Hazel insisted the chants were “not directed at anyone.”

Convicting Mr Hazel, district judge Davinder Lachhar said: “There was suspicion that an employee of this van was involved in grooming young girls; you felt the police and your MP didn’t investigate to your satisfaction – therefore you took it into your own hands to go to this particular van.

“It doesn’t take a genius to work out why. To say these comments weren’t directed towards them is absolute nonsense.”

She added: “You were shouting the name of the van and making ‘paedo’ comments. I’ve seen the behaviour of the group – you weren’t just ‘raising awareness’ – far from it. There was someone wearing a pig mask, ‘bacon’ being shouted and things about muslims being shouted. It was getting out of hand.

“You say you don’t remember children being in the area – of course you were aware. You had the megaphone and I don’t believe for a moment that your comments weren’t aimed at that particular van. If this wasn’t religiously aggravated, I don’t know what is.”

Mr Hazel was fined £200 and orderedto pay £200 costs plus a statutory victim surcharge of £20.

Mr Bramer was fined £150 with £100 costs and £20 surcharge.

Mr Rowbottom and Miss Worthington were eached fined £100 with £100 costs and £20 surcharge.

A warrant was issued for Mr Scovell’s arrest.

Newbury Today

Mark Hawksby

A FORMER soldier from York racially abused a disabled busker in the city centre because he had seen him on TV boasting about claiming benefits, a court has heard.

Mark Hawksby, 34, spotted Viorel Dinu in Coney Street, a week after having seen him on Channel 5’s Gypsies on Benefits and Proud.

Hawksby, of St Mary’s Close in Wigginton, recognised Mr Dinu while he was playing the accordion and rounded on him.

Mr Dinu, who has no legs, was sitting on a skateboard in a shop doorway.

Hawksby claimed there was so much money in his coat by 11.30am that he tripped over it on the pavement.

At York Magistrates Court, Hawksby said: “I had a go at him about being on the programme and what he had said.

“He said he had come to Britain purposely because it was a soft touch.

“I said ‘You’re out of order for going on this TV programme and saying you can milk the system’.”

The court heard Hawksby threw the coat into the gutter in Coney Street, scattering the money.

He also grabbed Dinu’s accordion and threw it into the road, saying: “This is English money for English people.”

The court heard a puzzled crowd formed and Hawksby was grabbed by a girl from a hen party, then stormed off, yelling: “I will see you do not busk in York again.”

Dinu, who travels the country telling people he lost his legs as a child when he was run over by a train, did not report the incident and did not co-operate with police who investigated after complaints from the public.

Hawksby was arrested after his picture was taken by University of York Professor Nick Brown, who shared the images with North Yorkshire Police on Facebook.

Hawksby told officers: “He is not even from York. It costs 23 to 25 quid on the train so he must be earning some right money busking.”

Hawksby denied racially aggravated threatening behaviour but was convicted.

He was given a four month suspended jail sentence and ordered to pay £100 costs and an £80 surcharge.

Mr Dinu had told the Channel 5 programme that he and other Romanians had come to the UK because it was a “soft touch” the court heard.

The Press

mark yorkie

Jamie Ray, 26, was sentenced for a charge of drunk and disorderly after being arrested during EDL protest in June

A man who was arrested during an English Defence League protest has been given a 12-month conditional discharge.

Jamie Ray appeared at Teesside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, August 27, where he was sentenced for a charge of drunk and disorderly – an offence he was arrested for during an EDL protest in June.

The 26-year-old, of Park Road North, Middlesbrough, was also charged with two counts of failing to surrender to custody at court – on July 28 and July 23 – using threatening or abusive words or behaviour and possessing a Class B drug – both on July 9.

A charge of possessing a bladed article in a public place was withdrawn.

As previously reported about 350 people took part in a demonstration on Corporation Road, Middlesbrough town centre, while a further 150 people took part in a counter demonstration, both on June 28.

More than 300 police officers were involved in an operation during the march and counter demonstration, which had been planned for a number of months.

Ray was one of two men arrested on the day.

The other – Andrew David Johnson, 37, of Moorcock Close, Eston – previously pleaded guilty to being drunk and disorderly.

He was fined £35 and ordered to pay a £15 victim surcharge.

However, Ray initially failed to turn up to court following his arrest. A warrant without bail was then issued for his arrest.

Gazette Live